Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fall Leaves

I'm back!  Sorry I haven't posted in such a long time, but with the kids being home all summer, it being soooo hot, and running off to the baseball field pretty much every night, there wasn't much time left for baking!  Now that the kids are back in school and Fall weather is setting in, I'm happy to be back in the kitchen.

A while ago. I saw a post from one of my idols, Sugarbelle, and couldn't wait to try for myself.  I used my favorite sugar cookie recipe and used a maple and oak leaf cutter.


When the cookies were cool, I iced them with lemon flavored Royal Icing colored with egg yolk yellow and orange gel paste.

First, I outlined them with piping consistency and a #3 tip.


Then, I filled them in with flood consistency.


When dry, I used more piping icing and a #2 tip to make the veins.


The last step was to use these spray colors. (Sorry, I forgot the green!)  I pretty much just randomly sprayed them until they looked like this!


Thank you Callye for the inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment