Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Spider Topiary

Once again, I came across a pin on Pinterest that I wanted to replicate but change up a little.


I got the cute buckets in the dollar bin at Target.  I inserted a foam block inside and then covered the block with orange paper shreds which were also found in the dollar bin.

I spray painted 2 dowels orange and inserted them into the foam block.

Next, I took 2 Styrofoam balls from Michaels ($4.99 each plus I used my 40% coupons!)
and painted them black with craft paint.  When they dried, I pressed them into the dowels.

I bought 2 bags of plastic spiders in the Halloween section of Target and hot glued them to the Styrofoam.  I glued a few spiders to the dowel too.

Here they are displayed on my mantel.
 *Original pin from Crafts by Starlight

No comments:

Post a Comment