Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Just thought I'd share my famous Thanksgiving appetizer that the kids look forward to every year.  The original idea came from Family Fun, but I've expanded on it over the years.  The base is simply a sugar pumpkin because I thought it was the perfect size.  Skewer some olives and tomatoes, (the olives were a BIG hit with Ava's class!) add carrots and cucumbers with toothpicks.  The head is an orange baby bell pepper and the waddle and feet are a cut red one.  The beak is a carrot attached with a toothpick and the eyes are olives that I cut in half.  Serve with ranch dip!

While we're all stuffing ourselves, I always like to sip on something festive!  This year I decided to go for a spiced cider cocktail.
Fill a shaker with ice.  Pour in 1 ounce Spiced Rum, 1 ounce Cinnamon Schnapps and 4 ounces of apple cider.  Shake and pour over ice.  Garnish with a cinnamon stick.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment