Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Snowman Votive Holder

Looking for a cute, inexpensive gift?  Look no further!  I wish I could take credit for this, but the original idea came from Tatertots and Jello.  I adapted it slightly and am in love with it!  It was so simple to make too!

All you need:


1 wine glass (Dollar Tree)
Air-Dry Clay ($4.99 for a HUGE container)
Snow-Tex ( I used my Michael's coupon!)
E-6000 (Michael's coupon again!)
scarf (I got this at the Dollar Tree but you could also use felt)

1.  Paint the wine glass with the Snow-Tex and let dry.

2.  While the paint is drying, shape the clay into eyes, a carrot nose and mouth and then     
     paint.

3.  When all paint is dry, glue your pieces to the glass with E-6000.

4.  Cut a strip from the scarf and tie around the stem of the glass.

5.  Add a votive candle and you have it!

 Now, who to give them to . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment