Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Popcorn and Hot Chocolate Spoons

My turn to bring snack so I had to think of something semi-healthy with a holiday theme.  I loved the idea of Cookies & Cups Santa Hat Party Mix but wanted to lighten up on the sugar so I did my own take on it.

First, I made the Santa hats.  For some, I used nonpareils but for others, I used white sanding sugar. (I liked those better!)

Then, I took a regular bag of popcorn
and a can of this
I sprayed the popcorn on a cookie sheet lined with paper towels.

Then, I mixed them both with some holiday m&ms.
The girls loved it!

I thought it would be fun to serve it with hot chocolate, especially since I was dying to use my new carafe I picked up for $2.99!!!!

I dipped plastic spoons into melted chocolate chips, making sure the spoon was full of chocolate.  I set the spoons on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and before they set up, I sprinkled them with mini chips and marshmallows.
The girls had so much fun swirling them in the warm milk!

1 comment:

  1. It was Awesome! The girls (& the leaders LOVED IT!) The Cocoa with the special spoons were a hit too! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete