Friday, March 15, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day!



Well, hello there!
I guess it's a good thing I'm not a professional blogger because I obviously wouldn't be any good at it!    Well, I finally decided to try a new recipe and had a little time to sit down at the computer to tell you all about it.  In honor of St. Patrick's Day and the bottles of Guinness I forgot were in the fridge, I bring 
you . . . . . .

CHOCOLATE GUINNESS COOKIES WITH BAILEYS GLAZE

cookies
2 sticks room temperature butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup Guinness
2 cups flour
1 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips

glaze
powdered sugar
Baileys Irish Cream Liquor


  1. Mix butter and sugar until smooth
  2. Add eggs until fluffy
  3. Add Guinness
  4. Add dry ingredients until well mixed
  5. Fold in chocolate chips
*My personal preference is to chill the dough before baking but it isn't necessary.

     6.  Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough onto lined sheets
     7.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes
     8.  Let cookies cool on rack
     9.  Mix some powdered sugar with some Baileys until desired consistency and drizzle over cooled 
          cookies
These cookies are DELICIOUS!!  Crisp outside, soft and gooey in the middle, the perfect combination of chocolate with Guinness and the glaze definitely puts them over the top!

While we're celebrating, might I remind you of my Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes.

HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment