Friday, March 29, 2013

Jellybean Topiary

I have to admit it.  I really don't like when Easter comes in March, even if it is the very last day.  I just feel like everything was rushed and by the time I put away my cute St. Patrick's Day decorations, my even more adorable Easter decorations had so little time.  Oh well, there's always next year!

Anyway, I found some left over (extremely stale!)  jellybeans from last year and wanted to use them for some type of craft project.  One trip to the Dollar Tree and I was all set!  To make my topiary, I bought the following supplies :


package of Styrofoam balls
ceramic pots
ribbon
Styrofoam blocks
hot glue sticks
wooden dowels (Joann Fabric)
jelly beans (left overs)
Easter grass (more left overs)


In small sections, I covered the ball with hot glue and stuck on the jellybeans.  I made sure to leave a spot at the bottom to stick the dowel in.  Then, I put a block of foam in the pot and and stuck the stick in that.  I covered up the foam with Easter grass and finished it off with a bow.  Here it is!
I also made a few more apothecary jars,
Let's not forget my Easter Egg Wreath
I also found some time to make these adorable chick cake pops 


HAPPY EASTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment