Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Marshmallows


Well, as some of you may know, here in Connecticut, we've been hit pretty hard by snow this winter.  Now, I love my kids dearly, but it seems like they've been home more than they've actually been in school!  This recipe is in honor of them because after all of their adventures in the snow, they've been consuming gallons (it seems) of hot chocolate.  What better to go with it but home made marshmallows!  I've been dying to try them and after lots of research, I went with Alton Brown's recipe which you can find here: www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/homemade-marshmallows-recipe/index.html.  I must admit, I was a little nervous, and had visions of my kitchen being covered in a sticky, marshmallow mess, but it was surprisingly easy!  I followed the directions EXACTLY (something I don't always do!) and had great results!  The ultimate test was would the kids like them.  They got rave reviews and even my husband and neighbors said they tasted just like marshmallows.  Now that I know how easy it is, I will definitely be making these again.





I hope you try them. . . . .you know you want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment