Friday, February 18, 2011

Monkey Muffins

My son Max loves anything cinnamon flavored.  It's kind of hard to keep anything in the house because when he knows I have something, he will eat it all in 1 day! 


Well, he was invited to sleep over his best buddy's house and I wanted to send him with a little treat.  I came across a recipe on allrecipes and adapted it a little.  Hopefully they will be a hit!


Ingredients
1 (12 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 brown sugar
3 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon water

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).  Grease 6 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
Separate biscuits and using kitchen shears, cut into 6 pieces.
Combine cinnamon and sugar in a plastic bag;  add biscuit pieces and shake to coat.
Divide coated pieces between muffin cups.
Combine brown sugar, butter, and water in a small saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil until the sugar is completely dissolved,  2 to 3 minutes.  
Spoon the mixture over the biscuit pieces.  Bake 8 - 12 minutes. 

Icing
1 tablespoon cream cheese
1/4 cup confectioners sugar
1 tablespoon milk
Mix all of the ingredients until smooth.
I transfered the icing to a ziploc bag and cut the corner off.

Then I drizzled the icing over the top.

This recipe makes 6 muffins but as you can see, there are only 5 in the picture.  My daughter, Ava, just couldn't wait to try one!  I hope the boys like them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment