Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Chocolate Mini-Chip Cookies

This recipe is from Sugarbakers Cookie Cutter Cookbook.  While the cookies are absolutely DELICIOUS, I didn't really care for the glaze I used to decorate them with!

Sugarbakers' Chocolate Mini-Chip Cookies

1 cup unsalted butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour ( I started with 2 and added more bit by bit until I had a good dough)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup semi-sweet mini-chocolate chips

Cream together the butter and sugars and then add the vanilla and egg yolk.
Sift together flour and salt and add one cup at a time until incorporated.
Fold in the chocolate chips BY HAND!

Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes.  Roll out cookies on lightly floured surface and cut into desired shapes. 


I like to chill my cookie cut outs for 5 minutes in the freezer before baking to hold their shape.  Bake at 350*  for 10-12 minutes.

I let my cookies cool and decided to decorate them.  I usually decorate my cookies with Royal Icing, but thought I'd try a corn syrup glaze.  While it does taste good, I didn't really care to work with it and probably won't any time soon!

Here is the finished product!










No comments:

Post a Comment