Friday, April 15, 2011

Perfect Pound Cake

My copy of  Everyday Food (a Martha Stewart magazine) came in the mail the other day and, to me, it's one of those where EVERYTHING looks good!!  I had a hard time choosing what to make first, but knowing how much my son loves pound cake, finally decided on this one.

Perfect Pound Cake

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt

Beat butter and sugar on medium-high until very light and fluffy, 7 minutes.  Then, scrape down the bowl and beat for 1 minute more.

Add the vanilla (my friend, Sarah, got me some AWESOME vanilla in Mexico!) and gradually add the eggs.

Change the mixer to low and add salt, then gradually add the flour, scraping down the bowl until fully combined.

Pour batter into a greased 4 1/2 x 8 1/2 inch loaf pan and bake 65 minutes at 350.  Let it cool in pan on a wire rack for 1 hour.  Remove from pan and cool completely before slicing.

*To store, wrap in plastic and keep at room temperature up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment