Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thin Mint Cones

As I mentioned, my daughter's Daisy troop had an end of the year picnic.  Along with my daisy cookies, I thought I'd use up my last box of Thin Mints to make a cute dessert.

Thin Mint Cones

1 box Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies (You can really use any kind of cookie.  Oreos and Nutter Butters work great too!)

1 block of cream cheese at room temperature

mini ice cream cones (I found them at Target!)

green and white candy wafers

mini chocolate chips

Put the cookies in your food processor and grind them into crumbs.  Mix the crumbs with the cream cheese until it forms a dough.  Using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough and roll into balls.  Place on waxed paper.

Mix together green and white candy wafers and microwave at 30 second intervals.  Add a little vegetable oil to thin it out if it seems too thick.  Then, dip the bottom of your cookie ball in the candy and place it in the cone.

You can pop them into the fridge for a few minutes to let the candy harden.  Then, dip them into the melted chocolate and immediately sprinkle with mini chips.

They will look like this!
Aren't they adorable!  The girls just loved them and the adults did too!

No comments:

Post a Comment