Monday, May 16, 2011

Pinkalicious

Well, my ovens are out of commission for the next two weeks while we're waiting for some parts from Thermador.  I'm having serious withdrawal . . . . already!!  Hopefully the problem will be fixed soon and I can get back to baking!  Until then, I thought you might enjoy the treats I made for my daughter's 5th birthday.

If you have a little girl, I'm sure this looks familiar.
Since it is one of Ava's favorite stories, I decided to use it as the theme of her party and make some Pinkalicious treats!

This was my first attempt at decorated sugar cookies.  Definitely not my best work, but not bad for a first try!

 The pink popcorn was simply a bag of Smart Food popcorn that I "spray painted" with this Wilton food color.  I spread the popcorn onto a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper and just kept spraying and mixing until it was coated.

 These cupcake truffles were made using this silicone mold.
 I filled the cavity with candy melt that I tinted hot pink.  (To color chocolate, you must use oil based candy coloring)  Next, I placed a cake ball into the candy while it was still wet and then popped it into the freezer to harden.  Once I got them out of the mold, I dipped the top in light pink candy melt and immediately placed an m&m on top as well as sprinkled white nonpareils.
For the magic wands, I used the basic cake pop recipe and used a small, star shaped cookie cutter to shape the dough.  I dipped the pops in white candy melt and let them dry.  Next, I quickly dipped them into warm water and immediately sprinkled them with gold sprinkles.
And let's not forget the chocolate covered pretzels!

Instead of cake, we had pink cupcakes.  I used a boxed vanilla cupcake mix and tinted them pink.  Then, I used regular vanilla frosting from a can, tinted that pink as well, and put a few drops of cotton candy flavoring into it.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take close up shots of them!  

The kids loved everything.  
Ava was tickled pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment