Sunday, October 23, 2011

Candy Corn Martini

I learned a little trick that will result in a great big treat!

I've been hearing a lot about candy infused vodka and just had to give it a try.  I figured since it was Halloween, I'd start with candy corns!

Candy Corn Infused Vodka
1/2 cup candy corn
1 cup vodka

Place the candy corn in a glass or bottle and cover with vodka.

After a few hours it will look like this!

Strain the vodka into a decorative bottle to store.  (Maybe next time!)  Now you're ready for your cocktail!

Candy Corn Martini
4 ounces candy corn vodka
2 ounces orange liquor (I used Cointreau)
1 egg white, optional
candy corn, for garnish
colored sugar, for garnish

Rub a slice of citrus fruit around the rim of your glass (I used orange) and then dip it in the sugar.

Place a few candy corns in the bottom of your glass.

Fill your shaker with ice and then add vodka, orange liquor and egg white. (I did not use egg white)
Shake and pour into your glass.

A little treat for you to sip on while you're handing out the candy!  Please beware, this drink is incredibly sweet!  It's meant to be sipped slowly!

Now that I know this little trick,  I think I'll try it with bubblegum, maybe some Jolly Ranchers, and definitely candy canes at Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment