Monday, October 10, 2011

French Toast Muffins

I am officially addicted to Pinterest!  I came across a delicious looking picture of these muffins and thought I'd make them for my kids as a special breakfast treat.

French Toast Muffins
recipe from Velvet Lava Cafe

1/3 cup melted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg, room temperature
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup milk

Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.  Add wet ingredients and stir until combined, don't over mix.  Using a large ice cream scoop, scoop batter into a greased muffin tin. (I got 8 muffins from this amount of batter)  Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

Topping

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
1 tsp cinnamon

Mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.  Place melted butter in another small bowl.  Dip the warm muffins in butter and then cinnamon sugar.

*Everyone enjoyed them but it seemed as though something was missing.  I think next time, I will add 1/2 tsp of vanilla to the batter.  My daughter enjoyed hers with syrup!

No comments:

Post a Comment